How can we help you?
Encryption of account data
Q: Why is encryption used at all?
A: We have received a customer request to store the saved survey profiles more securely. Of course, we take this very seriously and implement this request with this version. The encryption of the profile manager file serves protect your accounts from unauthorized access by third parties.
Q: How can I turn the encryption on?
You can activate the password protection from the system settings of SNH. This is only possible as long as you have not opened a new case. You can proceed as follows:
- Open the SNH
- Click on the menu item “File” and select “options”
- Under “System” you can select the check box to switch on the encryption of the profile manager.
- After the chex box selection, confirm the changes by clicking on the “Save” button. After that, the window for setting the password appears. Enter a password of your choice here. The password must contain at least 8 characters.
- Confirm your password by entering it again and klicking on “OK”. Please remember the password well, you will need it at every SNH start in the future.
- After assigning the password protection and confirming with “OK”, you will see the corresponding “Restart” window. Confirm with “OK”. The SNH will be closed.
- From now on you will be prompted to enter the password at every SNH launch.
- After restart and entering your password, the SNH is started. Before that, you may see the validation of the module packages.
Now you can add your survey profiles to the Profile manager. These profiles will be saved directly encrypted.
Q: What happens during an update? Will my password protection be lost?
No, your password protection will remain intact during future SNH updates. Unless you remove the password protection.
Q: I tried to enter my password several times, but the window reopened each time and eventually closed completely!?
A: If you enter your password incorrectly, the window will reopen for you to enter it. After a third incorrect entry, the window closes completely.
Q: I want to change my password, how do I do that?
A: You can find the button for this in the profile manager. Click on this button and change the password accordingly.
Q: I forgot my password, how can I reset it?
- Close the SNH completely (via taskmanager)
- In “config.ini” file change the value of „encrypt_accountpackages“ to 0 and save the file.
- Delete the „profilePackage.snhpx“ file.
- In “config.ini” file change the value of „encrypt_accountpackages“ to 1 and save the file.
- Launch SNH. Now you can set your new password.
All your account data will be lost and must be re-entered.