How can we help you?
Partially empty images in PDF exports from Posting explorer
The images within the SNH and in the Portable Case export are correct, only the PDF export has errors.
The SNH saves the postings with the original HTML source code. If a posting is clicked in the posting explorer, this source code is always displayed.
Unfortunately, it is technically not possible to use this source code for the output as PDF. Therefore, already during the data collection, a screenshot of the posting source code is created. This screenshot is saved in the SNH file as JPG. The creation of screenshots takes a relatively long time, so they are pre-calculated and not created during the PDF output.
If a problem occurs during the pre-calculation of the screenshots, e.g. because the survey computer went into some kind of standby, then the screenshots will not be created correctly.
Preventing the error
Turn off any kind of standby or power saving mode on your computer before the survey.
Repairing the affected SNH files
The existing project files that have this error can be repaired as follows (example with Win11 and 7Zip):
- Switch off all possible standby settings.
- Select the corresponding project file with the extension “.SNFN”.
- Press SHIFT + F10
- Navigate to the selection with “7Zip” and select “Extract to ‘filename\'”.
- Open the created folder
- Search here for “screenshot.jpg” and select and remove all “empty” screenshots
- Right click on the folder with the remaining files and select “Compress to Zip”.
- Select the zip folder created and press F2
- Rename the file extension to “.SNFN”. Press Enter to rename and confirm your changes.
- Open this file via SNH and do the PDF export again. This will recreate all missing screenshots – this may take some time.
“Select” here means a left click.